Coronavirus Information & Resources
Information and Resources for Community Members
The following email addresses are provided to the public for reaching City of Solvang Departments during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Emergency Inquiries: EmergencyResource@CityofSolvang.com
- Media Inquiries: Media@CityofSolvang.com
- City Hall General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parks and Recreation General Inquiries: email@example.com
- Planning Department General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Building Department General Inquiries: email@example.com
- Report Code Enforcement problems: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Works General Inquiries: email@example.com
- Utility Billing specific Inquires: UtilityBilling@cityofsolvang.com
- Report problems concerning streets, trees, sidewalks, etc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Report problems with Sewer system or storm drains: WastewaterDivision@cityofsolvang.com
- Report problems with the Water system: email@example.com
- General Inquiries about Business Licensing: firstname.lastname@example.org
County of Santa Barbara Notices
Please see this link for the latest information from the County of Santa Barbara Public Health Department with links to the State of California Department of Public Health resources.
Sign & Permit Restrictions Eased
During a Special Emergency Meeting of the Solvang City Council on March 12, 2020, City Council authorized City of Solvang, California (www.CityofSolvang.com) staff to take actions to assist local businesses in implementing guidance which has been handed down, as relates to COVID-19.
The City Manager is hereby waiving sign requirements and is modifying encroachment requirements within the City, to allow in the interim period of at least through July 31, 2020, for businesses to take the following actions consistent with public health and safety:
- post informational signage related to social distance spacing and the availability of “pick up” and delivery services;
- make adjustments to private parking areas to accommodate such customer pickup;
- make minor temporary adjustments to outdoor seating areas for restaurants and wine/beer sale locations, including use of private parking areas, to meet recommended social distancing for seating and customer use.
- for restaurants and wine/beer sale locations and dining expansion into public right-of-way, the City offers an expedited encroachment permit process. The permit is available on SolvangResources.com under Business section. The same encroachment permit process applies to signs placed in public right of way.
While City permitting is being temporarily waived or modified, such exempt activity must still be implemented in a way that does not cause blockage of public roads and sidewalks, and businesses should keep in mind the City’s usual high standards as pertain to modifications and signage and hawking or other aggressive sales activities are not allowed.
If businesses have questions about any action taken by the City of Solvang, please contact the City of Solvang at (805) 688-5575 or email us at CityHall@CityofSolvang.com.